Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Ten Ways You Can Tell You Are a Geezer
1. Young ladies now hold the door open for me.
2. The hair of my ears grows faster and is more abundant than the hair on my head.
3. I automatically get the senior discount.
4. Cutting my toe nails challenges my flexibility.
5. The clerks laugh when I offer my proof of age for purchase of beer.
6. The major topic of conversation at the men's coffee klatsch is prostates and PSA.
7. At a noisy party I have to read lips.
8. I often start a story with "In my day we ---".
9. For me an oldies song comes from the Big Band Era of the 40's and 50's.
10. I try to share an experience with my newest son-in-law and discover it happened before he was born.
I'll keep thinking about other signs of geezerhood. And I'll add them to the list if I can hold them in my brain until I get to my blog. Woops! Maybe that is another sign of geezerhood - the short term memory problem.